1st Cuban Social Photography Contest, “Country of Pixels” 2011
1) Open to all Cubans wishing to improve the future image of our national present.
2) The subject of the photos will be Cuba and the current landscape of its people.
3) Up to 10 photos per entrant may be submitted (in high resolution jpg format), individual or in series, titled or not, without the use of pseudonyms and accompanied by the CV of the author.
4) All works and information will be published in the collective photoblog “Country of Pixels” (www.vocescubanas.com / cubafotosocial).
5) The delivery of the files will be in person (contact phone: 53340187, Orlando Luis Pardo Lazo) or via e email@example.com.
6) The contest is open from April to August 2011 (renewable only once).
7) The awards will include the digital votes from readers of the blog “Country of Pixels” and recognized criteria of Cuban photographers.
8) The main prizes will, among other items that will be added throughout the contest are: optical cameras Panasonic Lumix Semi 15-42 mm (f :3,5-f: 22), with speeds up to 1 / 4000 seconds, 100-6400 ASA sensitivity, and up to 9 megapixel RAW / JPG plus SanDisk 32 GB SDHC.
9) The award ceremony will be on Sunday November 6, 2011 and will include a group exhibition of the finalists in an alternative gallery. Also a promotional broadcast will be prepared for all photographs and authors in the competition.
10) These Rules may be reproduced freely by any means. Participation implies acceptance. No work that meets the rules will be disqualified and the main awards may not be declared void.
April 11 2011