Somos+, Havana, 27 October 2017 — By the present lines, I, Dr. Carlos Raúl Macías López, Institutional Secretary of the Political Movement Somos+, by virtue of Article I of the Electoral Regulations, and by the expressed mandate of the National Council, headed by the current President Engineer Eliécer Avila: summon all members of our organization to participate in the first general elections for the honorable duty of President.
Election Timeline for 2017:
- 10th of November: Presentation of the Electoral Commission.
- 13th of November: The preparations and means to register and enroll Candidates will be announced.
- 20th of November: Deadline for Candidates to register and enroll.
- 21st of November until the 5th of December: Publication and debate of the messages of the candidates.
- 8th of December: The Electoral Commission communicates to its participating members (eligible to vote) the methods, protocols and technical details to achieve suffrage directly and secretly.
- 10th of December: National and International Suffrage, in accordance with the methodology that the Commission will define.
- 10th of December: Announcement of Results and Celebration!
It is important to remind all of our members the immense responsibility and privilege that it means for us to be a part of this process, that it strengthens and honors us for its exceptional and neccessary course, for our Homeland “Patria” and our Time.
At the same time, we must not forget the obstacles of all sizes that we will be facing to achieve with success what we are hoping and longing for.
The stability that we have had in a general sense during these past four years, is today more necessary than ever in order to guarantee the subsistence of our project and to be part of the light and good example that our nation needs to reconstruct itself.
We recommend that everyone read the Electoral Regulations carefully, and be in constant contact with the Commission, once it be presented, in order to clear up any doubts or report any anomalies in the process.
We will continue offering information as necessary.
Dr. Carlos Raúl Macías
Political Movement Somos+
Translated by: Ylena Zamora-Vargas