How do I connect a mobile phone to Cuban Twitter?
1. First you must connect to the Internet and and get an account at http://www.twitter.com
2. Keep the user name and password you are given in a secure place.
3. Add to your mobile phone address book a new contact named Twitter with the number 119447624801423.
4. Send four messages to that number. Each message will include a command and it is important that you send them in the order listed below, without spaces in front of or after the words, and without putting accents and “ñ”. If you make a mistake you must start again, from the beginning:
5. Of course, where it says “username” put your Twitter username.
6. The four messages must be sent one after another. Before you begin you must verify that you have enough credit on your phone to send all four message.
7. As soon as you are done, you may send text messages (SMS) of no more than 140 characters to the number 119,447,624,801,423 which is already added to your cell phone address book.
8. Every text message sent to that number, once you have completed the procedure above, will be published on the Internet automatically.
9. Each text message sent to Twitter will cost 1 convertible peso, so prepare your wallet.
Source of text: http://twitpic.com/2pqj3q
September 22, 2010